Wednesday 9 February 2011

that's not a good sound...

On the left, a normal bearing. On the right, my bearing after I pried it out of my wheel. Apparently I've skated so hard in these past few weeks that I managed to melt it. I have never heard of a bearing doing that before! I only cleaned it two weeks ago, but halfway through my usual route it started to squeak and it seized up entirely at the top of a hill. I just barely managed to avoid a very embarrassing faceplant.

Honestly I was kind of glad for the chance to stop skating a little early today, even though I did end up having to walk a long fucking way to get back to my car. The wind was insane. I could barely breathe while I was skating into it, and every time I slowed down even a little I felt like my sweat was freezing to my skin. I hope it settles down some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment